Are you thinking of relocating to Canada?

Canada is built by a society that respects and celebrates the cultures of many countries from around the world.

Canada occupies most of North America, sharing borders with the United States to the south, as well as the state of Alaska to the northwest. Stretching from the Atlantic Ocean in the east, to the Pacific Ocean in the west, Canada is the second largest land mass in the world. Due to a relatively low population, new immigrants can expect lots of open spaces beautiful, and vast parkland in all 10 provinces and 3 territories which include:

  • Newfoundland & Labrador
  • Prince Edward Island
  • Nova Scotia
  • New Brunswick
  • Quebec
  • Ontario
  • Manitoba
  • Saskatchewan
  • Alberta
  • British Columbia
  • Yukon Territory
  • Northwest Territories
  • Nunavut

In Canada, many newcomers arrive as students, workers, visitors, or as refugees fleeing danger in their homeland. In each situation, seeking legal advice is necessary to ensure you have the necessary documentation.

Most immigrants to Canada are workers or family members. Canada needs immigrant workers to fill gaps in the workforce because of its old population and low birth rate. With the family class of immigration, Canada aims to reunite family members through family sponsorship. Family is defined as people who fall under the category of spouses, partners, children, parents, and grandparents.

Another group of newcomers to Canada is refugees and protected persons, who face persecution or other dangers in their homeland. Around 50% of those who apply as refugees are not allowed to remain in Canada because they are unable to prove their refugee claim. In Manitoba, Legal Aid might be available for applicants who qualify financially and who are applying for refugee status, opposing deportation, or opposing removal orders.

Canada also welcomes a large number of foreign students. Foreign students generally need a study permit to study in Canada. If you intend to work as a foreign student while in Canada, a work permit is also required.


In each of these categories, it is important to seek legal advice to ensure you have the required documentation. Services offered include:

  • Consultation
  • Opinion Letters
  • Citizen Services e.g Passport Renewals, Emergency Travel Passport etc.
  • Seeking refugee status
  • Opposing deportation
  • Opposing removal order
  • Temporary student, visitor, and work permit.
  • Permanent Resident Application
  • Provincial Nominee Program Application
  • Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) for Business
  • Family sponsorship
  • Humanitarian and Compassionate Application